Monday 19 December 2016

Exhibition and Performance October 2016

The Bee Line

Órbita

October 2016











 










Patio de las Armas, Zaragoza, Spain

Like a line marked out by a Bee in flight, I draw a line which outlines my sisters faces. I follow their movements and it seems like I am touching their faces with the marker while I draw them.
I use the line to recreate their faces giving them a new form in a different dimension. I play with the space inside and outside of the the screen.
The hand is as expressive as the words in this work. It moves in rhythm with the conversation, and as I trace the line it appears to be part of the dialogue.
It is a risk and it could make a mistake. The hand is at risk in the drawing in the same way as it is when handling the honeycomb in the beehive without using gloves.

Bare-handed, I hand the combs.
The man in white smiles, bare-handed.
Our cheesecloth gauntlets neat and sweet,
The throats of our wrists brave lilies.
He and I
...
(Stings, Sylvia Plath)

Como un trazo marcado por una abeja en vuelo, dibujó una línea siguiendo el contorno de las caras de mis hermanas. Sigo sus movimientos y parece que les estoy acariciando con el rotulador mientras dibujo. Con la línea recreo sus rostros para darle una forma nueva en otro dimensión. Juego con el espacio dentro y fuera de la pantalla.
La mano es tan expresiva como las palabras en esta obra. Se mueve al ritmo de la conversación, y mientras traza su línea parece ser parte del diálogo. Es arriesgado y podría fallar. La mano se expone al riesgo en el dibujo como cuando se manejan los pañales de la colmena sin guantes.



No comments:

Post a Comment